Follower's of Rhonda's blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Old Forge NY to Schroon Lake NY

What a beautiful metric century ride (62 miles) today through the Adirondack Mountains.  We went by numerous lakes which make me want to come back and hike & camp in this area of our country.

Lots of rolling hills today with a few steep climbs and some big descents.  One descent was 1 1/2 miles long.  One of our group, Sara went 49 mph down this steep hill.  I went a braking, conservative 29 mph which was too fast for me.  Since my little bike accident, I am definately holding back....

At Seventh Lake in the Adirondack Mountains in New York.

One of the many beautiful lakes in the Adirondack Mountains.

At Pedals & Petals in Inlet NY (What a great business name)

Blue Mountain Lake in New York

Blue Mountain.... Hmmmm.... I am thinking of my bike buddy Lisa at home.  She made me ride the Blue Mountain hills in Port Angeles.  I should have rode them more! 

Final miles down into Schroon Lake NY


We may have been this season's first real folks staying here.  Locally owned by a family.  Rooms were clean and family was nice and the dogs entertained us all evening.


Dinner at the Blue Ridge Motel.  We were the only folks at this motel. 

Tomorrow is an easy day of 42 miles into Vermont.  We will be taking a ferry into Vermont and staying tomorrow and the next day in Middlebury VT.

Only 7 days left on my cross country adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment