Follower's of Rhonda's blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sodus Point NY to Polaski NY 61 miles

Well in honor of Father's Day, I'd like to dedicate today's ride to my dad.  My dad did teach me by example that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.  With proper planning, the right people around you and through hard work and perseverance you can do anything.

So, I planned, I have the right people around me and I'm working hard each day..... pedaling one mile at a time.

I stayed with Jan & Lin most of the day.  We started at 850 ft above sea level and finished at about the same.  You would think that means riding flat terrain, but no.... rolling hills all day and the morning had some steep climbs.  Good Day!


Happy Father's Day Dad!


This Sodus Point Lighthouse was right next to our B & B.

The park near the lighthouse

Lake Ontario

After numerous steep climbs, I saw this sign.  I thought of going that direction!

Who would have known that we'd be passing by Mexico on our way to Maine.... but we did pass through Mexico, New York.

I saw numerous scarecrows in people's gardens.

Another sign of NY.  Not just a horse, but a person on a horse sign....

We must be climbing in elevation if we are seeing these signs.

My flag & barn picture for the day.

Another sign.  This one announcing that we are entering Amish countryside.

I think along this ride how many times I think about Chris.  Every time a jeep passes me.  Every time I see a butterfly.  Every time a bird flies in front of me.  Every time I pass a community cemetery with flags flying.  So many moments of each day......He is with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment