Follower's of Rhonda's blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stillwater MN to Wabasha MN 84 miles with lots of hills

Today was a long riding day but I made it.  We started at 7:45am and came in about 6:10pm.  We started the day early on with three really long hills.  Then rollers the remainder of the day.  I was by myself most of the morning.  I did have John Denver blaring in my right ear for 10 miles or so.  "Take me home Country Roads", seemed appropriate this morning.

Some women chose to begin riding at the 20 miler mark, so I met up with them for lunch in Red Wing.  Of course I had to have my picture taken next to the bigh "Red Wing" boot.

By mile 65, I was draggin, but the girls brought me home, up many a hill.  Thanks to Karen, Carol, Lee & Jan we made it safely to our hotel.

Beautiful weather today.  Sunshine and warmth with minimal wind.  I am getting a bikers tan.  Arms tan, knees tan and even fingers tan from wearing my riding gloves.

Breakfast to start the day!

Afton Alps aptly noted for the numerous long hills we had to climb.

Lots of beautiful flags!  Very patriotic folks here in Minnesota & Wisconsin.

Do you want an apple?


Beautiful farms!

I am proud to be an American!

Beautiful Bicycle Byway.

Having fun!

Mississippi River

Beautiful river....

I'm crossing the bridge and boat is going under.

At mile 45 we stopped in Red Wing Minnesota for lunch.

This is one big boot!

We made it to Wabasha Minnesota where Grumpy Old Men was filmed.  I was one grumpy old woman when I arrived.  But good friends and a good dinner turned that around.

I am definately sleeping good each night.... for some strange reason....

No comments:

Post a Comment