Follower's of Rhonda's blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Defiance Ohio to Bowling Green Ohio - 101 degrees! OUCH!

Thank goodness we had a short ride scheduled today.  48 miles, although Jan, Lin and I took the long route of 53 miles as we came into Bowling Green the back way.

Beautiful countryside and lots of ponds & rivers.  We went on the "Tow Path" through Independence Dam State Park which was an unimproved road that they used years ago.  It was a nice change of pace.  The mosquito's liked that area too as this is where I got my first mosquito bites of the trip.

HOT, HOT, HOT! is all I have to say.  They say cooling is in the forecast.  I am ready for that.  I am a North West girl at heart!

101 degrees on the bank thermometer this afternoon.

Our chef Patty, making salmon last night which was delicious.  Look at her elaborate set up.

Carol giving us a "diddy" to end our evening.  She leaves us on Saturday in Cleveland.  She will be missed.  She is always good for a chuckle and a smile!

Independence Dam

Independence Dam

See the blue heron on the little island

This was the end of the tow path trail.  Fun, fun to ride through.

Campbell's Soup factory just outside of Napolean Ohio.  No tours and no free samples.  Darn!

One beautiful Ohio farm.

The same farm taken from a different angle.

Just to say again, "Hot, hot, hot!"

I agree with this sign:  END CANCER....

We have a couple more days of riding in Ohio.  Thanks for all of your emails and texts.  I'll keep riding and I'll keep posting.

Life is journey!  Live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment