Follower's of Rhonda's blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Falls MN to Milaca MN 57 miles

What a great day!!  No rain and only a tail wind pushing us along the friendly back roads of Minnesota.  We biked as a pretty tight group today with the conditions being so good.  The roads were great, scenery made up of more farms and rolling hills.  The people here are very friendly and drivers are the most courteous.  We did have one semi truck coming towards us that the "whoosh" of his passing made us hold on for dear life.

We stopped at a small "Pub & Grub" at mile 35.  Some of us had coffee and some had lunch.  Donna who is one of the "WOW's", which stands for "Wrinkles On Wheels", had a hot chocolate with schnapps. 

We made it to our Super 8 motel by 2:00pm which is the earliest we've arrived.  This is good though.  Gives us extra time to get organized and rest up. 

Charles Lindburgh Museum right along the Mississippi River.  What a way to begin our day.

                          More beautiful Minnesota Farms.  Every time I see a barn, I think of my dad.

Donna having her hot chocolate with Schnapps and Cathy from Australia looking on.

More farm land.

Jeanette holding up her wind vest to prove that we actually have a tail wind today.

We made it to Milaca MN.  Here I am once again finishing with Cathy.


Tomorrow is our longest day of the entire tour.  We will be riding 106 miles from Milaca to Stillwater MN.  Tomorrow my goal is slow and steady.  I may be the last woman in for the evening, but my plan is to pedal, pedal, pedal.....

2 comments:

  1. I love the quote "Higher Gear, quicker to beer"! I'll remember that often as I run too. Looks like things are going well for your group of wonderful women. Good luck with the long ride tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    I"m Cathy's daughter, Miranda, in Australia. Just wanted to say, thanks for blogging about the ride! Looks like a wonderful trip. Keep pedaling, and say hi to my mother for me!
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete