Follower's of Rhonda's blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Schroom Lake NY to Middlebury VT 45 miles

I had a great ride from to Middlebury Vermont.  We biked to Fort Ticonderoga and took the little ferry across to Vermont.  It looked alot like the farms on Lopez Island.  My middle chain ring is on it's final breath.  I have one waiting for me at the bike shop in Middlebury.  I keep talking to my bike and telling it to just hang in there.  We had some rain and some terrible roads on this short ride, but made it in safely. 

We ate a lovely stew under the eaves of the hotel.  Our cook Sue even had horseradish sauce for us.  An alumnus rider came and brought us three local pies for dessert and a lovely Vermont sharp cheddar cheese which was yummy.  Thanks so much to our alumnus Pat White for the goodies and for making a donation to the Sequim Cancer Center in memory of my husband, Chris. 

I had a great day off in Middlebury.  I had breakfast with Sue, Sara and Karen.  It was a "Farewell" breakfast for Karen as she is leaving us early as her father has passed away.  I will miss her, but hope to see her this August when she's biking in Washington.

I got my laundry done, had a great cup of coffee.  Then, a group of us drove up to Waterbury, VT and toured the Ben & Jerry's Icecream Factory.  We got to sample the flavor "Late Night Snack" which had potatoe chips in it.  It was sweet & salty - yummy.  Then I had a scoop of Phish Food icecream.  It's chocolate based with pieces of cheesy gold fish.  Sounds wierd but was yummy.

When we returned, I went and saw a movie, "Midnight in Paris".  A little wierd Woody Allen movie, but good in it's own way.....

My flag photo of the day, Navy, USA & USMC.  Oohrah!

Lin & I at Fort Ticonderoga

On the tiny ferry taking us to Vermont.

Welcome to Vermont!


The ferry took us accross Lake Champlain. 

Beautiful farm land.

More beautiful farm land.

Another flag flying in the wind.

The wild flowers are beautiful.


Sue, me & Karen finishing breakfast.

Another Vermont farm on our drive up to Waterbury.

Myself & guide Patty.

"If it's not fun, why do it?" A quote at Ben & Jerry's.

Sue, Sara, Jeanette, Mary & Patty finishing up their icecream.


Enjoyed a nice dinner out.  Middlebury Vermont is a town and area I would visit again.  Vermont is called the "Green Mountain State" for a reason.  Beautiful and green.....

We all agreed that Middlebury Vermont was one of our nicest layover days.  A nice, unique town with lots to do.  Even the rain did not dampen our spirits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment